Soy wax 101
Why Soy wax?
1. It's cleaner burning; no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means our candles are less likely to trigger allergies. This is especially important if you are pregnant, have kids, or have pets, because it’s the safest option health-wise. You want to avoid wax blends or candles that don’t state the exact breakdown of ingredients.
2. No petrol-carbon soot; like you get from petroleum-based paraffin candles that can potentially stain curtains, walls, and carpets inside the home. As a vegetable-based wax, soy wax does not give off any harmful by-products that might cause damage.
Because soy wax burns cleaner than paraffin wax, the scent from its essential oils is more pleasant and stronger-smelling.
3. It burns cooler; which means that you can enjoy your soy wax candle for generally 30-50% longer than a paraffin candle. This also means less risk of burns should you accidentally spill any melted wax on your skin.
4. It's biodegradable and water soluble; since our candles are made using soy wax they are naturally biodegradable which makes accidental spills easier to clean with just hot water, soap and some elbow grease.
5. It's a sustainable resource; as soy wax is derived from soy beans.
6. Better fragrance throw; there are many varieties of soy wax out there, the higher quality ones (like we use) allow you to increase the scent load above other brands limits in a safe and stable way, too.
(I use 'Ecosoya CB - Advanced Soy Wax', and 'ProWicks' braided cotton wicks)