GLASSWARE SIZING OVERVIEW
There is such a large variance in glassware sizes offered in the candle market, which often confuses.
CANDLE MONSTER STANDARD GLASSWARE SIZING
The image below shows our standard glassware sizing. Medium, Large, then Extra-large. All Signature and Botanica Series candles are extra-large.
GLASSWARE SIZING SPECIFICATIONS
The table below shows typical candle form factors and their specifications. It's common for manufacturers to use differing glassware sizes, but most will sit on, or around these sizes. Please note, burn times are variable; hours quoted below are achieved by following these guidelines.
|Size||Volume||Fill vol.||Burn time||Suitability||Notes|
|Tealight (small)||17g||15g||3-4 hrs||Mood lighting only||Common sampler size|
|Tealight (large)||28g||25g||7-8 hrs||Mood lighting only|
|Maxi-lite||56g||50g||12-15 hrs||Small area||Best performing sampler size|
|Medium glassware||230g||220g||40 hrs||Bedroom, study or small area||Common retail size|
|Large glassware||310g||300g||60 hrs||Lounge or medium living area||Common retail size|
|Extra-large glassware||440g||430g||80 hrs||Large open plan house||Best performing size|
WHY DOES CANDLE MONSTER FAVOR EXTRA LARGE GLASSWARE?
As a candle monster myself, I started to find that the medium and large candles just weren't hitting the spot anymore. With our preferences, homes, and habits changing, we did our research and made an uncommon choice, which we standby. Here's why.
- Our extra-large candles have bigger wicks, get bigger melt pools, and put out more scent which can travel further distances
- The bigger wick gets an edge to edge melt pool much faster, which means your candle gets to the point you want it to considerably quicker. You can usually smell the fragrance 20-30 mins after lighting it in a typical sized lounge room
- Our homes are getting bigger, or more often we have large open plan living areas. Smaller candles just don't fill the spaces as you'd like them to, many people learn this the hard way
- We've all become candle monsters, we're insatiable, so the bigger form factor gives you many more uses from a single unit, therefore slowing the churn of glassware, packaging boxes and lids. People using smaller units are outputting twice as much waste
- Buying a bigger candle half as often often means half the postage costs
- Our fragrances are so good you'll want them to last that little bit longer!